Sustainability Solutions in Context (SSC)
The Sustainability Solutions in Context (SSC) course results in client exercise reports
The SSC course, formerly titled Strategic Environmental Development (SED), is one of the capstone courses of the EMP programme and leads student teams to client exercise projects all over the world.
They assist organisations and governmental institutions in finding solutions to their individual sustainability challenges by applying their accumulated knowledge from the first three EMP semesters.
For example, this can involve waste management/energy system in a city or region, or identifying business opportunities that incorporate environmental objectives.
- Apply sustainability concepts, tools and strategies in a real-world context;
- Systematically approach, analyse and intervene in a real-life complex system;
- Perform a task for professional client
- Show fundamental skills in professional conduct in performing a task for a client.
- Describe the steps involved in putting together a report for a non-academic audience.
Client exercise reports (SSC) 2009 - 2021:
SED report 2009 (MESPOM)
SED report 2013 (MESPOM)
SSC report 2020 (EMP)
SSC report 2021 (EMP)
Responsible coordinator for the client exercise course (SSC) at the IIIEE is Håkan Rodhe