The IIIEE is governed by a Board appointed jointly by Lund University and the Government of Sweden. The board consists of 7 members and representatives from staff and students at the IIIEE.
- Fredrik Andersson, Professor, Dean, School of Economics and Management, Lund University, Chairperson IIIEE Board;
- Per Mickwitz, Professor, Director of the IIIEE, Lund University;
- Susse Georg, Professor, Faculty of Engineering and Science, Aalborg University;
- Eva Axelsson, Head of Sustainability, Swedbank Robur;
- Johanna Sandahl, Chair of the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation;
- Tony Clark, Senior Advisor, Ministry of the Environment and Energy, Government Offices of Sweden;
- Michael Kuhndt, Director of Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production (CSCP), Wuppertal
IIIEE Staff Representative: Andrius Plepys
IIIEE Administrative Representative: Marianne Sandberg
IIIEE PhD Representative: Heather Schoonover
IIIEE Student Representative: Daniel Reinemann
The management team at the IIIEE includes Per Mickwitz (Director of the IIIEE), Naoko Tojo (Acting Head of the IIIEE, and Director of PhD Studies), Beatrice Kogg (Director of Educational Programmes).