The IIIEE is governed by a Board appointed jointly by Lund University and the Government of Sweden. The board consists of 7 members and representatives from staff and students at the IIIEE.
- Fredrik Andersson, Professor, Dean, School of Economics and Management, Lund University, Chairperson IIIEE Board;
- Susse Georg, Professor, Faculty of Engineering and Science, Aalborg University;
- Annika Åhnberg, Former Minister for Agriculture, Food and Fisheries;
- Björn Stigson, Professor Dr., Chairman Stigson & Partners AB;
- Tony Clark, Senior Advisor, Ministry of the Environment and Energy, Government Offices of Sweden;
- Lena Neij, Professor, Director of the IIIEE, Lund University;
- Michael Kuhndt, Director of Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production (CSCP), Wuppertal
IIIEE Staff Representative: Philip Peck
IIIEE Administrative Representative: Marianne Sandberg
IIIEE PhD Representative: Steven Curtis
IIIEE Student Representative: Michael Port
The management team at the IIIEE includes Lena Neij (Director of the IIIEE), Kes McCormick (Deputy Head of the IIIEE), Naoko Tojo (Acting Head of the IIIEE, and Director of PhD Studies), Beatrice Kogg (Director of Educational Programmes).