EMP Programme Admission
The EMP programme admits students once per year. We hope that the following information will assist your planning well in advance for a successful application with us.
The application period opens in mid-October and closes in mid-January. Applications are done via University Admissions in Sweden, where you will find all necessary information to create an application account, make the application and submit documents. After the application deadline in mid-January you have an additional period of about two weeks to submit your documentation, but it is strongly recommend that you prepare and submit documents well in advance before the deadline. Exact dates for all deadlines are available via www.universityadmissions.se
General admission requirements
The EMP programme accepts candidates with a completed Bachelor degree of at least 180 credits (accepted by University Admissions in Sweden) from any subject area, or the equivalent foreign degree, from an internationally recognised university. Students in their final year are also welcome to apply but must ensure that they complete their degrees in full before starting the programme and that required documentation is submitted according to the instructions from University Admissions in Sweden.
In addition English 6 / English course B proficiency is required.
It is University Admissions in Sweden that evaluate your degree and the English language criteria, according to regulations set up by the Swedish Government. For general information on admission criteria visit University Admissions in Sweden. Make sure to check their country specific information on how to document you eligibility for master level studies. If you do not find the answer to your question there, please fill in this contact form (opens in a new window)
Programme specific application documents (applies to all applicants)
The programme specific documents required for application are listed below. Please download template and instruction from the right hand panel of this webpage. Note that updates to templates and instructions are done in October each year. It is essential that you check the latest versions when the application window opens in mid-October.
- Applicant Summary. The template is an editable pdf. If it doesn't download as editable, please try with another web browser (should work in Explorer or Google Chrome) Maximum wordcount for each question in the statement of purpose is 250 words . In total 750 words for the statement.
- CV - can be in any format
- Two reference letters, preferably one academic and one professional (if this is not possible then only one letter, or two of the same category, is acceptable). Download templates and/or instructions from the right hand panel. Note that these are different for academic and professional reference letters..
- Your referees should be encouraged to use one of the templates. Please fill out name and application number as well as tick applicable programme/s you are applying for in advance before sharing the template with your referee.
- Referees preferring to write a letter without using the template, can follow the relevant instruction. Make sure to give them the information about what programme/s you are applying for and your application number.
The Applicant Summary and CV should both be uploaded to your application account on www.universityadmissions.se before the deadline 1st February 2022. The reference letter/s should be sent by the reference person/s directly and must arrive before the deadline 1st February 2022. You cannot upload the letters yourself.
Apply for our EMP Master's programme!
Application is open from mid-October to mid-January every year. It is not possible to apply outside of this period.