Leonidas Milios is a researcher and PhD candidate, researching policies and potential policy packages that would enable and promote resource efficiency and circular thinking in business operations and the economy as a whole. Being part of the Mistra REES programme, the research will primarily focus on the policy framework governing the manufacturing sector in Sweden.
Prior to joining the IIIEE, Leonidas gained considerable work experience and insight into circular economy working as a consultant both at EU level and at national level, focusing on the Nordic Region and South East Europe.
Leonidas holds a MSc in Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Infrastructure from the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) and a MSc in Agricultural Science from the Agricultural University of Athens, with focus on Environmental Biotechnology.
Mistra REES – Resource-Efficient and Effective Solutions based on circular economy
The MISTRA REES project is a 4-year programme run by a consortium of leading Swedish universities, large and small companies and societal actors. The vision of the programme is to advance the transition of the Swedish manufacturing industry towards a circular and sustainable economy.
Retrieved from Lund University's publications database
- Advancing to a Circular Economy: three essential ingredients for a comprehensive policy mix
- Applying circular economy principles to building materials : Front-running companies’ business model innovation in the value chain for buildings
- Bridging the gap : Barriers and potential for scaling reuse practices in the Swedish ICT sector
- Circular Business Models in the Mobile Phone Industry
- Policies to support reconditioning and reuse of ICT
- The circular building materials challenge: a case-based policy approach
- “Mind the gap!” : Aiming high in collaborative group work