MSc. Theses at the IIIEE
In the course of the fourth semester EMP students work on their thesis project and write their Master's thesis. Often, these projects are based on cooperation with external clients, thus real-life value and significance is added to the research. Rigoruous academic work ethics are taught to fulfill internationally regarded criteria of scientific publications.
Sustainability Solutions in Context (SSC) reports
This course, formerly titles Strategic Environmental Development (SED), is one of the capstone courses of the programme and leads student teams to projects all over the world. They assist organisations and governmental institutions in finding solutions to their individual sustainability challenges by applying their accumulated knowledge from the first three EMP semesters. For example, this can involve waste management/energy system in a city or region, or identifying business opportunities that incorporate environmental objectives. The students...
- Apply sustainability concepts, tools and strategies in a real-world context;
- Systematically approach, analyse and intervene in a real-life complex system;
- Perform a task for professional client
- Show fundamental skills in professional conduct in performing a task for a client.
- Describe the steps involved in putting together a report for a non-academic audience.
SED reports 2009 - 2019:
SED report 2009 (MESPOM)
SED report 2013 (MESPOM)
SED report 2019 (EMP)
Responsible coordinator for the SED course at the IIIEE: Håkan Rodhe