MESPOM at the IIIEE
Semester 3: Preventive environmental strategies
The aim of this semester is to equip students with knowledge and skills necessary to prepare and implement environmentally relevant management decisions, at business and at policy level. Besides lectures, seminars and assignments the semester includes various study visits and preparation for the thesis semester, including writing an individual research paper.
MESPOM programme at the IIIEE includes three mandatory courses:
• Environmental Management, Sustainability and Business Value Creation (10 ECTS credits)
• Policies for Sustainable Businesses and Products (7.5 ECTS credits)
• Research Design and Methodology for Interdisciplinary Applied Research (5 ECTS credits).
In addition students can choose one of the following four courses on research paper writing:
• Applied Research in Policy Intervention for a Transition to Low-carbon and Resource-efficient Economies (7.5 ECTS credits)
• Applied research in Urban Governance and Experimentation for a transition to low-carbon and resource-efficient economies (7.5 ECTS credits)
• Applied Research in Business Management and Practice for a Transition to Low-carbon and Resource-efficient economies (7.5 ECTS credits)
• Applied Research in Consumption Governance for a Transition to Low-carbon and Resource-efficient Economies (7.5 ECTS credits)
Semester 4: Thesis project
In Semester 4 (February-June of the 2nd academic year), MESPOM students conduct their Masters thesis research projects. Thesis research can be hosted by any of the six MESPOM Consortium partners and often involves internships with academic, government or industrial organizations.
To view or download the full-text versions of MESPOM master theses click here