We celebrate more than 20,000 downloads of our podcast!
Since Advancing Sustainable Solutions began in September 2018, the IIIEE has produced 20 episodes. On 25 December 2020, the podcast crossed the threshold of 20,000 downloads, averaging more than 1,000 listens per episode! Effort is needed to communicate and discuss sustainability research with people who can act on the efforts of academia, such as managers working with procurement or intellectual property, policymakers balancing the economy and the environment, and everyday citizens making decisions about their energy consumption or shopping habits.
The aim of the IIIEE Podcast is to make sustainability more accessible and engaging for society by connecting the podcast to research, events and people relevant to the activities of the IIIEE.
Not only are we proud of this milestone, but we are proud of our growth over these many months. We strive to produce meaningful content relevant to ongoing societal discussions that support our listeners with practical suggestions to advance sustainability in their personal and professional contexts. With each episode, we elevate the production quality and content delivery.
As of Friday 8 January 2021:
- Total listens: 20,375+
- Average monthly listens (last 12 months): 1,000+
- Most listened-to episode: 3,730+ It's not just a tree: a story about nature-based solutions
- Countries w/ largest number of listeners: Sweden, United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Canada, India
- Top 5 Podcast Platforms: AppleMedia, SoundCloud, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, CastBox
Podcasting has grown significantly in recent years, now with more than 1,750,000 podcasts globally (1). With so much competition for your attention, a podcast episode that has been live approximately 30 days averages only 141 downloads (2). This is even less for education podcasts. There are only a handful of successful podcasts produced by universities and academic departments. As such, our podcast has earned attention in local and international venues, including at Lund University, professional conferences, and in the media. And, we regularly meet with academic departments from around the world to discuss our experiences and support others to succeed in podcasting.
The IIIEE wishes to thank the IIIEE Podcast team over the years – including Steven Curtis, Sofie Sandin, Frans Libertson, Karolina Södergren, and Katherine Shabb. In addition, we appreciate the support of Per Mickwitz, Lena Neij, Li Strandberg, Kes McCormick, and Marianne Sandberg. And, we are grateful to our colleagues and collaborators who have been a part of our episodes and supported our journey.
Finally, we thank our listeners for their continued support! We produce the podcast for you! If you want to join our active listeners community, sign up for our newsletter to receive email reminders about new episodes and other bonus content.
1. Podcast Insights. 2021 Podcast Stats & Facts (New Research From Jan 2021) [Internet]. Podcast Insights®. 2021 [cited 2021 Jan 7]. Available from: https://www.podcastinsights.com/podcast-statistics/
2. Income School. Average Downloads for New Podcasts: 13 real-world examples and what to expect | Income School [Internet]. [cited 2021 Jan 7]. Available from: https://incomeschool.com/average-podcast-downloads-new-show/